Old 05-05-2012, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Cuckoos

On May 5, 3:05*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
On Sat, 05 May 2012 14:06:07 +0100, Pam Moore

wrote:
The BBC is reporting that 5 male cuckoos were fitted with tracking
devices to check on their migrations. *2 made it back, the other 3
died on their return.
I've never seen one, and not heard one for some years.

Pam in Bristol

I should have said that the 3 died during their retturn journey. They
fly to the forests of Congo, which means crossing the Sahara, twice!
Amazing that any make it, but forests are being depleted which is
making life difficult for the birds.

Pam in Bristol

And the eyeties.dagos and maltese shoot anything that moves. They
even shoot butterflies now. That is a major problem. Scummy
foreigners

http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/news...rotest.html#cr
http://imagesfromtheedge.com/blog/?page_id=4119