Old 08-05-2012, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
news news is offline

Default Lovely weather for brocolli

In article , writes

I gave up and netted them against the pigeons, the cold dealt with
most of the whitefly, and the cool, wet conditions mean that they
are cropping well, and not all at once!

Almost everything else is sulking, or growing very slowly, of course :-(

******* pigeons. Last year they at least waited untuil my cherries were
fruit. This year, they're ripping flowers and shoots off the trees with
gay abandon as soon as my back's turned. Looks like someone's emptied a
shredder underneath them.

And then there are the rats in the shed. Very little gardening stuff in
there - other than a couple of bags of compost (a multi and a JI#3).
They ripped the bags open and pulled a big pileout. I didn't have time
to do anything, so left it until the next day. When I looked again the
next day, all of the JI#3 and half the multi had been spread over the
floor in a thin even layer.

On top of that, they found a sack of expensive cat litter - made of
corn, perhaps. Empty sack and a lot of rat shit.

--
regards andyw