Old 08-05-2012, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Lovely weather for brocolli

In article ,
says...

And then there are the rats in the shed. Very little gardening stuff in
there - other than a couple of bags of compost (a multi and a JI#3).
They ripped the bags open and pulled a big pileout. I didn't have time
to do anything, so left it until the next day. When I looked again the
next day, all of the JI#3 and half the multi had been spread over the
floor in a thin even layer.

I had a rat get into the garage and in the course of one night, it
emptied a full sack of compost and built it into a perfect coned heap a
yard away.Like Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

I was impressed with the effort and industry of that rat until it did the
same thing with another new sack of compost. Then it was Revenge of the
Ratbait.

Janet