Old 13-05-2012, 08:50 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.society.liberalism,alt.politics.liberalism,rec.gardens
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Weed-Killing Chores

D?nk 42? wrote:
Way Back Jack wrote:

Two gallons of Roundup sprayed two days ago, and another two gallons
yesterday. Probably spray another four gallons this upcoming week.
That should take care of the areas near the house. Out in the fields,
let the weeds proliferate; I don't care.

Yes sir, better living through chemistry.

My evil plan is to breed a variety of Roundup-resistant dandelions
and spread the seeds over golf courses across the country.

I find nothing evil in that. I'm looking forward to the day when
a major tournament is won on a 50 foot putt that was sunk after
hitting a dandelion!

Resistance to Roundup is already occurring in weeds, and I predict
that the day people have to stoop to pull dandelions by hand is
the day they declare them be a "wildflower" instead of a "weed."

Currently, you have to pick them by hand to make Dandelion Wine.
When the price of a 750ml bottle Dandelion Wine hits $35, people
will steal your weeds while you're at work, eating dinner, and
sleeping. People growing pot will shift crops when your
RoundUp Resistant Dandelion becomes King.

The bad news is a drug cartel will take you and your family
hostage and will eventually resort to torture until you sign
over the secrets and all your rights to the Roundup-Resistant
Dandelion,