Old 13-05-2012, 05:16 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.society.liberalism,alt.politics.liberalism,rec.gardens

Default Weed-Killing Chores

Two gallons of Roundup sprayed two days ago, and another two gallons
yesterday. Probably spray another four gallons this upcoming week. That
should take care of the areas near the house. Out in the fields, let the
weeds proliferate; I don't care.

Yes sir, better living through chemistry.
Old 13-05-2012, 07:13 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.society.liberalism,alt.politics.liberalism,rec.gardens

On Sun, 13 May 2012 12:16:23 -0400, Way Back Jack wrote:

Two gallons of Roundup sprayed two days ago, and another two gallons
yesterday. Probably spray another four gallons this upcoming week.
That should take care of the areas near the house. Out in the fields,
let the weeds proliferate; I don't care.

Yes sir, better living through chemistry.

My evil plan is to breed a variety of Roundup-resistant dandelions and
spread the seeds over golf courses across the country.

Resistance to Roundup is already occurring in weeds, and I predict that
the day people have to stoop to pull dandelions by hand is the day they
declare them be a "wildflower" instead of a "weed."
Old 13-05-2012, 08:50 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.society.liberalism,alt.politics.liberalism,rec.gardens

D?nk 42? wrote:
Way Back Jack wrote:

Two gallons of Roundup sprayed two days ago, and another two gallons
yesterday. Probably spray another four gallons this upcoming week.
That should take care of the areas near the house. Out in the fields,
let the weeds proliferate; I don't care.

Yes sir, better living through chemistry.

My evil plan is to breed a variety of Roundup-resistant dandelions
and spread the seeds over golf courses across the country.

I find nothing evil in that. I'm looking forward to the day when
a major tournament is won on a 50 foot putt that was sunk after
hitting a dandelion!

Resistance to Roundup is already occurring in weeds, and I predict
that the day people have to stoop to pull dandelions by hand is
the day they declare them be a "wildflower" instead of a "weed."

Currently, you have to pick them by hand to make Dandelion Wine.
When the price of a 750ml bottle Dandelion Wine hits $35, people
will steal your weeds while you're at work, eating dinner, and
sleeping. People growing pot will shift crops when your
RoundUp Resistant Dandelion becomes King.

The bad news is a drug cartel will take you and your family
hostage and will eventually resort to torture until you sign
over the secrets and all your rights to the Roundup-Resistant
Dandelion,

Old 14-05-2012, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

Way Back Jack wrote:
Two gallons of Roundup sprayed two days ago, and another two gallons
yesterday. Probably spray another four gallons this upcoming week.
That should take care of the areas near the house. Out in the fields,
let the weeds proliferate; I don't care.

Yes sir, better living through chemistry.

Bait too smelly. spit

Old 14-05-2012, 03:54 AM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.society.liberalism,alt.politics.liberalism,rec.gardens

On Sun, 13 May 2012 13:13:17 -0500, Dänk 42Ø wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2012 12:16:23 -0400, Way Back Jack wrote:

Two gallons of Roundup sprayed two days ago, and another two gallons
yesterday. Probably spray another four gallons this upcoming week.
That should take care of the areas near the house. Out in the fields,
let the weeds proliferate; I don't care.

Yes sir, better living through chemistry.

My evil plan is to breed a variety of Roundup-resistant dandelions and
spread the seeds over golf courses across the country.

Now wait a minute, Brother Dank, you should expend your time and energy
into convincing birds and predatory bugs that the brown marmalated Asian
stink bug is an acquired taste. Predators are leaving these vicious pests
alone because of the exotic fragrance they exude. It's really not so bad
when you're exposed to it for a while. In Vietnam the dink people dine on
them regularly as hors d'oeuvres before the main meal.

Resistance to Roundup is already occurring in weeds,

Aw yes. Mama Nature has a way of fighting back against man's chemicals.

and I predict that
the day people have to stoop to pull dandelions by hand is the day they
declare them be a "wildflower" instead of a "weed."

Oh hell, I knew hippie **** in the late 1960s who were wearing dandelions
in their headbands while they danced, burned their bras, screwed the homies
in their local Black Panther Party chapters, and spit on troops returning
from their 12-month tours of duty.

Old 14-05-2012, 06:15 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.society.liberalism,alt.politics.liberalism,rec.gardens

Dänk 42Ø wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2012 12:16:23 -0400, Way Back Jack wrote:

Two gallons of Roundup sprayed two days ago, and another two gallons
yesterday. Probably spray another four gallons this upcoming week.
That should take care of the areas near the house. Out in the fields,
let the weeds proliferate; I don't care.

Yes sir, better living through chemistry.

My evil plan is to breed a variety of Roundup-resistant dandelions and
spread the seeds over golf courses across the country.

I seriously doubt that golf courses use roundup to eliminate weeds in the grass.

Have thay developed roundup-ready grass?