Old 15-05-2012, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Cider as a fertilizer?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Janet" wrote

JMLayman says...

On 10/05/2012 17:02, Bob Hobden wrote:
A distant neighbour who has some large citrus trees in pots, much
bigger
than ours, says he has been told that diluted dry cider makes a good
feed
for citrus and that it was mentioned on a TV programme recently. Some
young
chap with a beautiful Lemon tree mentioned that it was his secret to
success.
Anyone heard about this or seen the programme?

No, but I wondered if the fertilizer was added before or after
processing, if you see what I mean. :-)

ISTR Bob Flowerdew suggesting that on TV, long ago.

What? Peeing on the plant after partaking or diluting cider as a feed?
:-)

I would imagine the cider would be acidic so that may help the citrus
trees who prefer acidic conditions but what about the other stuff in it,
sugar, alcohol etc how will that affect the plant/soil?

Would it work for blueberries?
Alchoholic cider flavoured blueberries would be an exotic fruit :-)

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)