Old 15-05-2012, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Newspaper pots

On Tue, 15 May 2012 20:50:23 +0100 (BST), wrote:

In article ,
Rikki wrote:

I have been making my pots out of newspaper for the last couple of
years, but someone has piped up that newspaper has arsenic in it and
it's dangerous to use. Can anyone tell me if it's true please.

So have I, but for longer. I very much doubt it. In any case,
you won't absorb enough arsenic to be a problem - you need a
certain amount in your diet, anyway.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I've read somewhere that if you want to make newspaper pots you should
avoid pages with coloured inks on them. I occasionally feed shredded
newspaper to the worms (they love a bit of variety) but studiously
avoid coloured stuff.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.