Old 16-05-2012, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_4_] Peter James[_4_] is offline

Default Newspaper pots

Rikki wrote:

I have been making my pots out of newspaper for the last couple of
years, but someone has piped up that newspaper has arsenic in it and
it's dangerous to use. Can anyone tell me if it's true please.

Me too. But for years I've done this. I'm still here, and so are the
vegetables and flowers I propagate in them.

Arsenic is a common element within the soil itself, and I'm sure a
trace in the paper pots won't make the slightest difference to your
crops. Keep doing it and save on manufactured fiber pots.

Peter

--
It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph.

Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797