Old 17-05-2012, 09:34 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
Yes I know the varieties of every plant family on sale in the sheds and
multiple GCs seem to be reducing but my point is to just say Red or Yellow
with no variety mentioned at all is absurd. What does the leaf look like, is
it red or green, has it splashes of colour, are the petals broad or spiky,
what does it smell like, .... rant over.
Not a problem, Bob ;-)

The sheds and multiple GCs increasingly are selling only those things that are in flower at the time of sale, so the customer can see for themselves exactly what they're getting.

One of my best buys was a "red maple" from Morrisons supermarket for about £1.50 - it is now about 8ft tall with deep red brown foliage - very attractive, and ready to take over from the old flowering cherry behind it which is coming to the end of its life.