Old 17-05-2012, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Dumming down

kay wrote:
One of my best buys was a "red maple" from Morrisons supermarket for
about ?1.50 - it is now about 8ft tall with deep red brown foliage -
very attractive, and ready to take over from the old flowering cherry
behind it which is coming to the end of its life.

Daniel got a Japanese maple when he was born, Bejamin got a cherry tree twig.
We killed the maple last year. :-( The cherry tree is about 8' tall atm.
Not sure what to do with the maple, whether to replace with the same or not.