Old 17-05-2012, 04:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Priscilla H. Ballou Priscilla H. Ballou is offline

Default Zone 5 over winter bulbs

In article
33086059.1489.1337176775661.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@ynlq12,
mkr5000 wrote:

I want some summer blooming bulbs -- non invasive that doesn't have to be dug
up for winter.

Used to have some orange lillies that I liked but can't remember the name
(they weren't daylillies)

Don't want tulips, etc -- no spring blooming but something or a variety of
summer blooming bulbs for zone 5 Indiana. Any suggestions?

Maybe 2 or 3 varieties that would go well together in a single partly sunny
area?

Look into the Asiatic lilies. They come in a variety of heights and
colors. They don't bloom all summer, but they make a nice show for a
few weeks.

Priscilla