Old 17-05-2012, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Zone 5 over winter bulbs

On 17/05/2012 20:48, Priscilla H. Ballou wrote:
In ,
Jeff wrote:
On 17/05/2012 16:57, Priscilla H. Ballou wrote:
Look into the Asiatic lilies. They come in a variety of heights and
colors. They don't bloom all summer, but they make a nice show for a
few weeks.

Assuming that the area the OP is in does not have a resident population
of lily beetle...

If the area does have this nasty pest, I doubt they'll last a few days,
let alone weeks!

Since I am unfamiliar with the lily beetle, I included no information on
them.

I think you are fortunate enough to not have them in the USA. This will
give you an idea of what we have to put up with here in the UK:.
http://www.gardenforumhorticulture.c...ily-beetle.htm

--

Jeff