Old 18-05-2012, 12:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default What is the best gardening-related gift you've ever received?(or wish you had)?

On 5/17/12 11:41 AM, Bill who putters wrote:
In article ,
songbird wrote:

Mayners67 wrote:

A friend of mine whose greatest passion is gardening is turning 50 in a
few weeks and I'd like to get them a present related to gardening..but I
could do with some help with ideas!

Please let me know what the best gardening-related present is that
you've ever received, or what you would ideally like to get as present,
related to gardening. Obviously it has to be something that all keen
gardeners would love to get (not just you)! Please be a specific as
possible (i.e. make/model, if relevant)

deep tissue massage from someone who knows what
they are doing.

a mug of iced tea or water on a hot day.

pleasant/interesting conversation and
humor.

the most important gift we ever give is
our time and companionship.

songbird

All true but I'd add this.

http://goo.gl/44au5

I use a large, sturdy kitchen paring knife that cost less than half the
price of the hori hori. My knife's handle is a composition that is not
wood, so I don't have to worry about using it in a wet area. The tang
of the blade runs all the way through the handle, which means the blade
won't separate from the handle when I'm levering out a weed growing in
the joint between two bricks.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see