Old 19-05-2012, 02:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Planting adopted daffodils

On May 19, 8:39*am, Doug wrote:
A friend gave me a box full of daffs that he dug up in his yard while
he was clearing out an area. *I know that Fall is the best time to
plant daffs, but I can't plan that far in advance. By that time I'm
usually sick of taking care of the garden. : ) *Since I'm in planting
mode right now, I'd like to get them right into the ground. Do you
think they'll do well? Should I cut off the green tops or leave some
on?

Thanks.

No expert here but I would plant them and leave the green on them. If
you do it quick enough maybe they won't know they were moved. Maybe
add some bone meal or bulb fertilizer.
MJ