Old 20-05-2012, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.food.cooking

Default Safe to eat or not

In article ,
spamtrap1888 wrote:
On May 20, 8:23=A0am, "D. T. Green" wrote:
Young relative as well a boiling up some beetroots, has also cooked
separately the stems and the leaves.

She wants to eat them, how can we find out if it's safe for her to eat th=

em
please?

I eat beet leaves all the time. My wife will add them when she makes
beet salad. Not sure what you mean by stems though.

There are varieties of beet grown specifically for their leaves
and stems, and young beetroot leaves are sold in supermarkets as
a salad ingredient. While Wikipedia isn't perfectly reliable,
this page looks pretty solid:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beet

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.