Old 21-05-2012, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jamie D. Jamie D. is offline

Default Had to re-sow

Afternoon,

My beetroot and spring onions sown in containers during some of the nicer
weather (remember?) are romping away - I'm really impressed - this is my
first year growing either of them.

The beetroot on the allotment have germinated at least, but are still really
quite small.

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
Beetroot and spring onions, you are right IMO it is just so damn cold. We
had a nice warm period in Feb. (or Jan.) and instead of getting warmer it
just got colder and shockingly wet after the drought warnings. Still is.