Old 21-05-2012, 04:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default protein in cow manure

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

I asked about the protein in cow poop in reference to a discussion in another
group, which sadly, I have forgotten. it wasn't a troll and I'm sure that one
day I'll remember the point. I did some research and nothing came up. I thought
here was a good place to ask. It is/was, it's only my memory and my failure to
read all my newsgroups in a timely manner that makes the whole thing seem
senseless/pointless at this time.

There have been news articles about synthetic food from manure. I took
such reports as using manure as a source material for growth not as a
direct source material for the chemicals.

Using manure as a source material for growth is normally called a
garden. ;%) Using manure to feed a culture that makes meat-like-stuff
is more direct but still the same general process.