Old 22-05-2012, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jamie D.[_2_] Jamie D.[_2_] is offline

Default National Botanic Garden of Wales offer

I don't want to be negative but I would have thought that a lot of the
target audience for this sort of place may not have the required gadgetry.

Is that an awful stereotype?

I don't mean to say that anyone interested in gardens/gardening is old or
not capable of using new technology (I'm 26!) or anything of the sort, but I
would have thought this may put a portion of readers off.

No one likes to feel like they're missing out and may look elsewhere.

Just my 2p.

--
Regards,
Jamie D.

All the way from sunny Lincolnshire.
"David Hill" wrote in message
Crack the Garden code

The new National Botanic Garden of Wales visitor leaflet is packed with
more than just vital statistics and pretty pictures. The 2012 Garden
leaflet has an inbuilt discounted entry offer – locked in the QR code on
the cover.

Anyone with a smart phone and a QR-code-reading ‘app’ will be able to
unlock a ‘buy one, get one half price’ admission offer to the Garden.

Head of marketing, David Hardy said: “We produce around a quarter of a
million leaflets every year but this year they have a special value to
would-be visitors. The technology means we can get an offer out to a huge
audience but it will also enable us to better track the take-up of the
Garden’s leaflet and give us invaluable data about our visitors.”

Visitors who scan the leaflet code will receive a message on their phone
letting them know how to claim their discounted entry.

Said Mr Hardy: “It really is quite simple. And we’ll be looking forward to
the reaction of visitors and their feedback about the idea.”

The Garden’s visitor leaflets are available all over Wales, in places such
as Tourist Information Centres, motorway service stations, hotels, holiday
parks, pubs, restaurants, garages and guesthouses.

The Garden is open from 10am-6pm. For more information, go to
www.gardenofwales.org.uk or email or call 01558
667130.