Old 22-05-2012, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default National Botanic Garden of Wales offer

On Tue, 22 May 2012 10:32:07 +0100, "Jamie D."
wrote:

I don't want to be negative but I would have thought that a lot of the
target audience for this sort of place may not have the required gadgetry.

Is that an awful stereotype?

I don't mean to say that anyone interested in gardens/gardening is old or
not capable of using new technology (I'm 26!) or anything of the sort, but I
would have thought this may put a portion of readers off.

No one likes to feel like they're missing out and may look elsewhere.

Just my 2p.

The offer's a bit "misleading". RHS members get in free anyway. And
anyone else only needs to buy the May issue of Gardeners' World
Magazine to get 2 for 1 admission to loads of places around the
country. This will save, for example, £8.50 at the National Botanic
Gardens of Wales alone and the saving is more than the purchase price!
One free ticket is a better offer than a half-price one. Get in quick,
though, as the May issue will soon be replaced by the June one on the
newsstands.

And there's another sting - anyone taking the smartphone route can be
tracked and the piece Dave quotes says they will be. So I suppose
that'll mean unwanted text messages and wotnot.

BTW, Jamie, could you please post any replies at the bottom of the
message you're replying to - it makes threads much easier to follow. I
don't know if Outlook Express can be configured to do this
automatically but, if not, just click at the bottom before you type.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.