Old 22-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Fred Le Blanc

Default Help for a Novice! Repotting Cymbidiums

I have inherited several large pots of cyms from the previous property
owner. Up to now they have done very well and are now overflowing the
pots. The flower production was off from the past years and it is
apparent that they need repotting. Besides the potting barks has
almost entirely decomposed.

I have little experience with cyms, although our paphs are doing great
and we have repotted them. The cyms spend virtually all year outdoors
here in the Sacramento California area. I only move them next to the
house on the coldest of winter nights.

My main questions a
1. When should you repot spring after flowering, summer, or fall?
2. How many bulbs should you include in a pot?
3. Do cyms like a little crowding?

I know that you can grow new plants from the back bulbs, how is this
best accomplished?