Old 24-05-2012, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default poly tunnel cover

On May 21, 7:08 pm, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
My polytunnel needs a new cover, I can buy one ready made or buy the
plastic
by the metre and cover it myself. My query is, would that be too big a job
to tackle single handed do you think?

kate

If you said
What make it is
What size it is
How the polythene is fixed to the frame at the ends
How it is fastened along the sides
Then just possibly we can answer your question.

I cover 18ft x 60 ft and 30ft x 50ft tunnels on my own, but I have
been doing it for over 30 years.

David @ the sunny half of Swansea Bay.
The tunnel frame is 10ft long and about 6 ft wide, I have done some reading
re. covers and I have decided it is too big a job for me to do single
handed. I will wait until some of the family can come and give me a hand or
two.

Thank you all for your interest

kate