Old 24-05-2012, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default poly tunnel cover

"Pete" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

I cover 18ft x 60 ft and 30ft x 50ft tunnels on my own, but I have
been doing it for over 30 years.

David @ the sunny half of Swansea Bay.

Would you be happy to quote for doing one similar size to your examples in
Cheshire East location ?
My cover is well over ten years old - and consuming quantities of repair
tape !

Many thanks
Pete

I think we both know the answer! :~)
On a serious note, if you buy whole covers (normally enough to do a 64'
tunnel) and cut off what you need its normally cheaper than buying by the
metre.

My covers are trenched in so although digging out the trenches is quite hard
work I do it over a couple of days leaving small dollops at the poles. the
actual replacing of the cover only takes an hour if you have everything
ready. and like David I manage on my own. if you have grip rails its even
easier

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs