Old 22-04-2003, 07:08 AM
FOW

Default Pointers to old tiller parts...

I think Ariens Tillers bought them out. Try Troy built also. I used to sell
Bolens tractors and mowers in the 70's.
"FarmerDill" wrote in message
B&S engines are not tiller specific. Briggs dealers, repair shops are
everywhere. Your described problem is the recoil starter, This uses a flat

coil
spring to rewind the starter cord. sometimes there is too much slack in

the
spring, common when the starter cord is replaced. Putting more tension on

the
spring before attaching the cord will solve that problem, Sometimes the

ball
and slot mechanism ( pawl) will become too dirty for the balls to drop

back
into their running slots. A couple of shots of WD 40 will usually cure

that.