Old 28-05-2012, 03:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Advice on Lemon scented plants

On Mon, 28 May 2012 12:01:06 +1000, "Farm1"
wrote:

"gmb27" wrote in message

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice on a major garden redesign. I'm trying to
create a sensory garden for my toddler and want to have lots I scented
plants. As I love lemon I'd like to incorporate a range of lemon
plants/herbs but I've never planted these before and wondered if anyone
had any advice or experience. I would love a mix of larger bushy and
smaller border type plants but I'm after the scent most importantly.

I live in Devon - I'm not sure if this has an impact climate wise.

Lemon Myrtle (Backhousia citriodora) - can be used in cooking too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_basil
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...063428114.html