Old 28-05-2012, 11:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
joevan[_3_] joevan[_3_] is offline

Default iris pseudacorus

On Mon, 28 May 2012 09:36:22 +0200, Willi wrote:

This year I.pseudacorus and I.germanica flowered at the same time and I
tried to cross-pollinate some. So I didn't pick off the faded flowers
for the photo. Usually Iris pseudacorus flowers later and the flowering
periods do not overlap.

G Willi

How well I remember my grandmothers irises and roses. We did a lot
together when I was a little boy. Raised pheasants, had wonderful
gardens, killed chickens for dinner and plucked them. But I remember
mostly the irises she had next door to our house.