Old 02-06-2012, 01:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Strange (fungal?) growth on soil

mat0120 writes:

Hi

For the last couple of years in the rockery there has been a strange
growth on the soil. I get rid of it but it doesn't take too long to
come back. The soil doesn't get too much direct sunlight which I think
is partly the problem. Does anyone:

a) Know what it is
b) Know how to get rid of it?! There are a number of established plants
already growing so it would need to be without harming these.

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks in advice

Matt

|Filename: P5200021.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15032|

Foliose lichen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichen

Scroll down and look for a picture on the right.

I say, leave it alone. It's beautiful.

--
Dan Espen