Old 02-06-2012, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default mint revisited

One of my daughters has kindly given me a 500g tub of mint, all ready
prepared for pony to have mixed in her feed. It cost approx £7 and I
really
wonder if it is worth all the trouble of growing and preparing the mint to
the same high standard when it can be bought for so little money. I will
however still do the nettles as we have heaps of them growing around the
edge of the paddock.

kate
in wet and warm Gloucestershire

That's expensive Kate, buy a plant and you will be amazed how quickly
it grows and spreads.

I think that I made a poor job of describing the mint product, mint is
already dried and crushed, a bit like fine sand, you just need to mix or
sprinkle a medium spoonful over the animals feed and the job is done, the
feed room smells wonderful and it lasts for quite some time. I think I will
still grow some different sorts of mint for use in the kitchen. Thank you
Sacha and Janet for your interest I hope this makes more sense :-)

kate