Old 02-06-2012, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Gardener's Worst Sin

In article 271c0f82-bab8-4a81-90a0-
, says...

I expected other stories of screw ups not, well, what I got. Live and
learn

Subject line:

Garden bloopers... What's your best story?

Then you tell yours. And the story you told was an error, but given the
potential destruction wasn't very funny when not destroying your crop or
the soil matter to the people around you. -- I'm here to say that

Certainly not on par with the goat getting into the garden, realizing it
was in trouble when the gardener walked in, scaling the woodpile and
getting stuck at the too precarious top.

"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" started to do well when
they cut the song "Love is in the air" and replaced it with "A comedy
tonight" ...to tell people they were supposed to laugh at the funny
bits.