Old 31-05-2012, 05:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Gardener's Worst Sin

I mixed up the "Keep the Deer Away" concentrate with "Kill all the
Weeds" concentrate. By the grace of Mother Nature I switched the mix
AFTER I had sprayed the Roses with correct sprayer. I was just getting
the sprayer ready for the next time. I noticed that it didn't seem to
smell as bad and thought Ut Ohh.
Anyone done the same?
MJ
Old 31-05-2012, 07:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 31 May 2012 09:21:47 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I mixed up the "Keep the Deer Away" concentrate with "Kill all the
Weeds" concentrate. By the grace of Mother Nature I switched the mix
AFTER I had sprayed the Roses with correct sprayer. I was just getting
the sprayer ready for the next time. I noticed that it didn't seem to
smell as bad and thought Ut Ohh.
Anyone done the same?

No, probably because I spray the Repels-All from a manufacturer spray
bottle, and I don't use weed killer.

However, when using a single sprayer to apply multiple treatments,
perhaps you should make a marker you twist-tie to the handle as a
clear indicator of what is inside? A piece of vinyl mini blind slat
makes a good durable tag, and those plastic wrapped twist wires found
restraining childrens' toys into their packaging are useful for tieing
them to a handle or bottle neck, etc (I use similar for making row
markers with PVC plumbing for stakes). You could blast the marker
with coloured spray paint, or tape a piece of coloured electrical tape
to it. Red for "poison" or danger or somesuch, Green for some sort of
fertilizer, Orange for some pest treatment, etc.

When done, empty the sprayer into the original non-spray container (if
you haven't used it all up), and return the marker tag to the package
associated with that particular chemical, so it's there to be affixed
to your sprayer the next time you fill it. Of course, don't forget to
rinse the sprayer and flush the pump assembly.

Think of them as something like a "remove before flight" safety
streamer (as seen frequently on military aircraft when on the ground).
I have one on the keyring for one of my performance cars g

Old 31-05-2012, 08:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

I mixed up the "Keep the Deer Away" concentrate with "Kill all the
Weeds" concentrate. By the grace of Mother Nature I switched the mix
AFTER I had sprayed the Roses with correct sprayer. I was just getting
the sprayer ready for the next time. I noticed that it didn't seem to
smell as bad and thought Ut Ohh.
Anyone done the same?
MJ

It's good to have a sprayer for weed killer chemicals and another for
clean chemicals such as fertilizer. Maybe you need a third?

Cheers
Old 31-05-2012, 08:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:
I mixed up the "Keep the Deer Away" concentrate *with "Kill all the
Weeds" concentrate. By the grace of Mother Nature I switched the mix
AFTER I had sprayed the Roses with correct sprayer. I was just getting
the sprayer ready for the next time. I noticed that it didn't seem to
smell as bad and thought Ut Ohh.
Anyone done the same?
MJ

It's good to have a sprayer for weed killer chemicals and another for
clean chemicals such as fertilizer. Maybe you need a third?

Cheers

I don't spray to fertilize, I use granular. I re mixed in a hand
sprayer for the deer stuff. It will work for now. I don't think I can
get the weed killer out of the other sprayer to be able to use it
again for the deer stuff. Not worth the chance to me. As far as
labeling, they of course were, and one was out side and one was in the
garage. How old do you have to be to start getting Senior Moments?. I
am just so glad it wasn't worse.
MJ
Old 01-06-2012, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article c4062e7e-ed72-4bab-a792-c7d36cafd6a4
@w19g2000yqb.googlegroups.com, says...

How old do you have to be to start getting Senior Moments?. I
am just so glad it wasn't worse.

Male or female, nouns are the first thing to go.

Use differently coloured *and* shaped sprayers for different purposes.

Kinda like the differently shaped and coloured jars the chemists had and
used for poisons.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 31 May 2012 22:26:00 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article
,
" wrote:

I mixed up the "Keep the Deer Away" concentrate with "Kill all the
Weeds" concentrate. By the grace of Mother Nature I switched the mix
AFTER I had sprayed the Roses with correct sprayer. I was just getting
the sprayer ready for the next time. I noticed that it didn't seem to
smell as bad and thought Ut Ohh.
Anyone done the same?
MJ

Why don't you just drink them and put the Earth out of its misery?

Or, of course, YOU could do that and put the rest of us out of ours.

Boron

Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 11:08:53 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
Boron Elgar wrote:

On Thu, 31 May 2012 22:26:00 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article
,
" wrote:

I mixed up the "Keep the Deer Away" concentrate with "Kill all the
Weeds" concentrate. By the grace of Mother Nature I switched the mix
AFTER I had sprayed the Roses with correct sprayer. I was just getting
the sprayer ready for the next time. I noticed that it didn't seem to
smell as bad and thought Ut Ohh.
Anyone done the same?
MJ

Why don't you just drink them and put the Earth out of its misery?

Or, of course, YOU could do that and put the rest of us out of ours.

Boron

Are you, and Monsanto in pain?

Yes, Monsanto and I are having a Fifty Shades of Gray book signing to
commemorate our hot love affair.

Glad to hear it.

I am thrilled to make you happy.

The problem is that
ignorance doesn't remain bliss for long. Have you killed any soil today?

Here'a bit of advice to dampen your bliss....you're an asshole.

There.

Now you know.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 13:12:01 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Boron Elgar wrote:

On Thu, 31 May 2012 22:26:00 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article
,
" wrote:

I mixed up the "Keep the Deer Away" concentrate with "Kill all the
Weeds" concentrate. By the grace of Mother Nature I switched the mix
AFTER I had sprayed the Roses with correct sprayer. I was just getting
the sprayer ready for the next time. I noticed that it didn't seem to
smell as bad and thought Ut Ohh.
Anyone done the same?
MJ

Why don't you just drink them and put the Earth out of its misery?

Or, of course, YOU could do that and put the rest of us out of ours.

Boron

Are you, and Monsanto in pain? Glad to hear it. The problem is that
ignorance doesn't remain bliss for long. Have you killed any soil today?

Of course, killing the soil means killing the ecology of the
environment. e.g. anphibians.
http://www.dw.de/dw/0,,11798,00.html
Killing the anphibians of course means more insects, which then require
more insecticide (a biocide) to control them, and that impacts everyone
who lives in, or eats from that poisoned environment. With fewer poison
purveyors like Boron Elgar, we would have a healthier world.

And I think I'll change that assertion that you are an asshole. I
will, instead, aver that you are certifiably insane.

Oh, and a dumb mother****er, too, because really, son, you'd don't
know Jack shit about me, now do you? All you know is that I find you a
fixated fanatic and when I call you on your outrageous attitude and
suggestion to another poster, you rise up on your hind legs like a
itty-bitty armadillo. Really, it just invites someone coming along and
driving over you with a pick up on a Texas highway.

Boron

Old 02-06-2012, 01:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Jun 1, 7:37*pm, Boron Elgar wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 13:12:01 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
*Boron Elgar wrote:

On Thu, 31 May 2012 22:26:00 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article
,
" wrote:

[...]

Ya'll sure make it fun to post something about
gardening...............NOT
MJ
Old 02-06-2012, 08:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 6/1/2012 6:17 PM, wrote:

Ya'll sure make it fun to post something about
gardening...............NOT
MJ

Easy there, MJ: if you've ever driven a lonely stretch of Texas highway,
at night, this is one of the funniest put-downs on usenet...

Jim...in New Mexico

Old 02-06-2012, 08:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Jun 2, 3:17*pm, Jim Macey wrote:
On 6/1/2012 6:17 PM, wrote:

Ya'll sure make it fun to post something about
gardening...............NOT
MJ

Easy there, MJ: if you've ever driven a lonely stretch of Texas highway,
at night, this is one of the funniest put-downs on usenet...

Jim...in New Mexico

I expected other stories of screw ups not, well, what I got. Live and
learn
MJ