Old 27-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Iris Cohen

Default [IBC] Omigod Department

The natural growth habit of a specimen and the final presentation of that
specimen are not necessarily in alignment--nor need they be.

Depends on what school you are from, and also the species under discussion. I
don't belong to the Kimura school. To me, if the tree has some sort of artistic
shape in nature, like a pine tree, I would like to capture the essence of it in
bonsai. For those trees which don't look like anything in particular in nature,
like Serissa or Grewia, then I would say style it any way you like and devil
take the hindmost.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."