Old 03-06-2012, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Begonia care

"ELLENM" wrote

Bob Hobden Wrote:
"ELLENM" wrote-

I live in central Scotland and new to this forum.My dad passed away
last
week and I need some help with his begonias in his greenhouse.There are
about 100 in small 9cm pots.How often should I water them? Do I need to
move them to larger pots? How often should I feed them? He did say to
me
a couple of weeks past that the beginias were slow this year.Any help
will be
hugely appreciated.

-
Take a look at this page and the video, I know it's American but it's
good
info and relates to the UK too.
'White Flower Farm: The premier American source for plants, shrubs,
bulbs, and gardening supplies delivered from our nursery to your home.'
(http://tinyurl.com/7qe3awz)
There are also other links there for more info.

Thanks guys for your help. I live a short drive away from my parent's
home so its unlikely I can water the plants everyday,probably every
couple of days.I used the hose as you suggested today..just a small
trickle.That made
things a lot easier.I took a photo too.Will keep you posted

Did your Dad show his begonias?
If so they probably came from Blackmore and Langdon...
check out the prices for a little 50p size tuber and do the maths...

http://www.blackmore-langdon.com/category/Begonias

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.