Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 PM
harrisom66 harrisom66 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat0120 View Post
Hi

For the last couple of years in the rockery there has been a strange growth on the soil. I get rid of it but it doesn't take too long to come back. The soil doesn't get too much direct sunlight which I think is partly the problem. Does anyone:

a) Know what it is
b) Know how to get rid of it?! There are a number of established plants already growing so it would need to be without harming these.

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks in advice

Matt
As others have said this is Liverwort and grows in badly drained and damp areas. To get rid of it you need to improve the drainage of your soil by adding sharp sand. The only method I have found to kill it off altogether is by using glyphosate with some Fairy liquid.

Mick