Old 07-06-2012, 12:31 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Sheep Manure/Compost

wrote:
Does Sheep Manure make good compost? Been looking for some compost,
and ran across this add on craigslist: We have lots of cheep sheep
manure/compost. $20 per scoop. Scoops weigh between 500 and 600
pounds. I was thinking of trying some of this stuff, however I can
get horse aged manure/sawdust for free..........The horse manure does
have lots of sawdust.......

See:
http://www.primalseeds.org/npk.htm for NPK values.

As always knowing the provenance helps. Horse may contain bedding straw or
sawdust (where the horses are stabled on hard feed) and it may contain
viable seeds from their feed. I haven't kept sheep and I haven't been to
The Shire so I cannot comment on whether either of these are issues with
sheep manure where you are.

David