Old 07-06-2012, 09:32 AM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Does Sheep Manure make good compost? Been looking for some compost, and ran
across this add on craigslist: We have lots of cheep sheep manure/compost.
$20 per scoop. Scoops weigh between 500 and 600 pounds. I was thinking of
trying some of this stuff, however I can get horse aged manure/sawdust for
free..........The horse manure does have lots of sawdust.......
Sheep manure makes very good compost if handled properly. The benefits are that it is low in odor and fairly inexpensive. Sheep manure is lower in nitrogen than many other animal manures, moderate in potassium and especially rich in potash. It can be used extensively without risk of burning young plants. The addition of sheep manure will improve the organic ratio of your soil, which is helpful for water retention and aeration and for providing crops with necessary microorganisms.
Fruit Trees