Old 07-06-2012, 09:50 AM
helix helix is offline
Registered User

Default Is my soil prepared correctly for turfing?

hi,

Please see attached picture of my garden.

Does the soil look prepared enough for turfing? I'm worried as there are quite a few large clumps of soil. Some around 3 or 4 inches in diameter.

I have dug the garden with a fork. I plan to tread the soil down, and rake prior to laying the turf.

The soil was quite compacted in places (due to foot traffic) prior to digging.

Should I consider using a tiller to break down the clumps of soil further?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Is my soil prepared correctly for turfing?-img_0708_c.jpg