Old 07-06-2012, 11:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Dedicated Composting Pile versus Tossing Scraps Into the Garden

Damaeus wrote:
In news:rec.gardens, "David Hare-Scott" posted on
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 15:31:48 +1000 the following:

As such no. As a means of composting and re-cycling nutrients that
would otherwise be wasted yes it is beneficial. Take into account
that a bucket (thimble, cup whatever) of made compost does not have
the same content as the same amount of vegetable peelings and rinds.

I'm thinking that genetically modified food that tends to make people
sick might also be the cause of plant diseases.

Damaeus

This seems a non sequitur to me, what has this assertion got to do with
composting? Do you have any reason to say this?