Old 09-06-2012, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default What a change

"David Hill" wrote

Well another day and it looks like a different season.
Gone is the rain and the gale force winds, just sunshine and a light zephyr
of a breeze.
I've had a walk round and apologised to the species dahlias I planted out 2
days before that weather hit, as I don't speak Mexican I don't know if they
were swearing at me, but they don't look to bad.
The first of the runner beans are starting to show through, so I did a
quick spray to knock the newly emerged weed seed on the head and to cut
down on future weeding.
Tied up a few of the grapevines, will have to do more asap, but they are
all carrying a lot of flower bud, so who knows, this could be the year of
Château Hill, but I won't dust off the press just yet.
Now all I have to do is to pot and plant out a few thousand dahlias and I'm
done (well except for every other job that is waiting to be done.
David @ the balmy end of Swansea bay

Just back from the allotment site having shown another your lady a vacant
allotment, couldn't believe the difference in the weather from yesterday
when I was chasing cloches around the plot. Actually got a bit of hoeing
done whilst waiting for her to turn up and the inside of my Landrover 90 is
beginning to dry out.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.