Old 09-06-2012, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What a change

Well another day and it looks like a different season.
Gone is the rain and the gale force winds, just sunshine and a light
zephyr of a breeze.
I've had a walk round and apologised to the species dahlias I planted
out 2 days before that weather hit, as I don't speak Mexican I don't
know if they were swearing at me, but they don't look to bad.
The first of the runner beans are starting to show through, so I did a
quick spray to knock the newly emerged weed seed on the head and to cut
down on future weeding.
Tied up a few of the grapevines, will have to do more asap, but they are
all carrying a lot of flower bud, so who knows, this could be the year
of Château Hill, but I won't dust off the press just yet.
Now all I have to do is to pot and plant out a few thousand dahlias and
I'm done (well except for every other job that is waiting to be done.
David @ the balmy end of Swansea bay
Old 09-06-2012, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
[...]

Agree with you David, quite pleasant now. Had to go to the Theatre this
morning to take some 'stuff' in for various people and it was a change not
to be battling against head winds and rain.

Mike

Old 09-06-2012, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote

[...]

Just back from the allotment site having shown another your lady a vacant
allotment, couldn't believe the difference in the weather from yesterday
when I was chasing cloches around the plot. Actually got a bit of hoeing
done whilst waiting for her to turn up and the inside of my Landrover 90 is
beginning to dry out.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in news:a3gtqkF8ngU1
@mid.individual.net:

[...]

No winds here today either, but we have a constant, almost mist, fine
drizzle.

Good luck with the Château Hill.
Baz

fish change colors ? John Q. Ponds 2 19-11-2003 02:02 AM
when to fertilize? After water change? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 20-04-2003 06:22 AM
co2 DIY slowing down...when to change bottle? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 20-04-2003 06:22 AM
No PH change with DIY CO2 Jim Miller Freshwater Aquaria Plants 24 21-02-2003 07:16 PM
Water Change? B. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 14-02-2003 06:13 PM