Old 09-06-2012, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Poor fruit year?

"Moonraker" wrote in message
Last year was an excellent year for fruit, in particular damsons and
pears. This year there are no signs of damsons and the pears are very
sparse, in fat it looks like a Norway year, null ponce. Is it general or
just here? I suspect the frosts during blossom time was the main culprit.

I've been having problems with fruit which I mentioned here for advice. We
are away a lot because of work. The past two years the fruit set (apples
and plums) but dropped before they came to maturity. It was decided that
lack of water might be the problem. Our apple trees have blossomed heavily
but of course it is too early for the plums yet. It seems we might be
going away again pretty soon so we might not reap the rewards of such heavy
blossom

O (*Central Belt of Scotland)

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/