Old 09-06-2012, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Moving fruit trees.

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
We want to move houses and have an eye on a place with a very much bigger
garden than we have now.
Problem is that our 2 cherry trees are possibly too established to dig out
and replant. I have had no luck with google.
They were planted 3 years ago, bare rooted and are now aprox.3m(10') high
with 41mm (1 3/4") trunk.

Can I do this?

Baz

Yes as long as you take a big enough root ball with them.

BUT not now. However by the time the Solicitors and the Estate Agents get
themselves sorted out, (unless you push them) the trees will stand moving.
(I have done a For Sale to Sign in a little under a month. The Solicitor
told me when I said the move date was the end of the month 'It can't be
done' and I told him to 'Do it'. He did :-) Are you likely to move BEFORE
fruit crop?

Mike