Old 09-06-2012, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Poor fruit year?

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:32:40 +0100, Moonraker
wrote:

Last year was an excellent year for fruit, in particular damsons and
pears. This year there are no signs of damsons and the pears are very
sparse, in fat it looks like a Norway year, null ponce. Is it general or
just here? I suspect the frosts during blossom time was the main culprit.

Here, established pear is zilch but a little baby I bought earlier in
the year to replace a dead one has two little fruity things on it.
Gala apple trees have a fair quantity of little fruits developing;
other apples no sign of anything. The plum's new so not expecting
anything on that though it's grown a foot since I planted it.
Strawberries and raspberries are developing loads of fruits as is a
dwarf cherry and the blackcurrants.

No sign of spuds coming up though that's probably because I didn't
plant any Second lot of tomatoes keeled over like the first so now
not bothering with those this year.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from Swansea Bay. Dave's at that
end; I'm at this end. Bill's in the middle.