Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] JonH@Underthewagon.net is offline

Default Parsnips

On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 18:43:27 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Anyone got any to germinate this year? Everyone I've spoken too on our
allotment site seems to have had a total failure.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

I had no joy either, but then I was sowing indoors for planting out
later. I tried to 'chit' some seed on kitchen towel as recommended
somewhere but without success. Anyway, I opened the conservatory door
on a windy day and the whole issue blew all over the floor. So I gave
up for this year...

Regards
JonH
(In West London)

p.s. Okra, Aubergines and my one viable Naga Chilli have all got
Mildew. Also, the Molluscs are rampant. Nematodes are to be deployed
after this wet spell is over.