Old 09-06-2012, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fuschia[_3_] Fuschia[_3_] is offline

Default The game may be up

On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 22:42:51 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

We received a letter today from the estate agents who administer our
allotment site on behalf of the owners, that the site is to be sold, by
private treaty and informal tender. So after nearly 100 years of gardening,
it looks like our plot will soon be housing. I can't see anyone wanting to
buy it and keep it as allotments.

www.savills.co.uk/canfordportfolio refers. Lot 1g is the allotment site,
just in case you want to save us.

The new owners will apparently have to give us 12 months notice, but the
sale is expected to be completed in autumn of this year. So we're on
borrowed time.

That sounds bad.

But is there planning permission for housing?