Old 10-06-2012, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Nemaslug etc

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 16:15:56 +0100, Judith
wrote:

I am contemplating giving either that - or something similar a go.

What is people's experience - and any particular source recommended.

Given that generally the most damaging (and most numerous) slug is the
keel slug and that spends most of its time underground, I've found
that slug attacking nematodes are extremely effective. The relatively
less destructive garden and field slugs are easily picked off by
hand/hedgehogs/frogs/birds - though nematodes work above ground as
well they won't get something that rests half way up a pot.

I apply mid-April/June/August . The pack says 6-weeks but I've read
articles that refer to the nematodes reproducing so I save myself the
cost of a pack a year. I get by with the 40sq m pack at around £9 a
time.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from Swansea Bay. Dave's at that end; I'm at this end.
Bill G's in the middle. Come to think of it, where is Bill G these days?