Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default British Summer!

On 11/06/2012 18:28, Moonraker wrote:
On 11/06/2012 17:21, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:59:01 +0000, SIMON SUTCLIFFE
wrote:

This continual rain may be bgetting us all down, but it's doing wonders
for our gardens in Kent, where we still have hosepipe restrictions.

The wettest drought on record as we are calling it!

I run a wholesale plant nursery and our perennials are looking fantastic
- they love the rain!

I'm sure you already know but drought is not directly related to
rainfall. It's more about what finishes up in the water supply. If
reservoir levels are lower than expected, it's a drought!

Steve

Many moons ago when I was young the definition of a draught was no
rainfall for 2 weeks.

Yes, that's the definition I know. More rain than you can shake an
umbrella at is not my idea of a drought!

Now however the water companies have taken over
the definition!

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London