View Single Post
  #26   Report Post  
Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
No, I know you weren't trying to change things, but given that it isn't the norm in the newsgroup for a thread to stay on topic, asking people to stay on topic does sound like you're trying to change things, and, from this side of the fence, sounds a wee bit rude.

But now we've sorted out the confusion, there's no problem. Hopefully you'll get the answer you need, just relax about all the other advice that you don't want, and remember too that there's an army of "lurkers" out there who may not know as much about sumach as you, and for whom all the information on suckering etc will be useful.
I didnt ask anyone to stay on topic. Im not the sort of person to recieve rude comments on a gardening forum of all places and siliently brood about it. I did nothing wrong and wasnt rude. If people got confused with what I wrote then thats that. As ive said I was confused about the purpose of this website. After comments from my friends/family Ive come to the conclusion the negativity from here is probably an age related issue, as im only 25 and couldnt possibly know anything about horticulture!