Old 22-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Oscar_lives

Default Tractor needs more traction!!!

What about tire pressure? Would lowering it help?

The manual says to use 25 psig all around.

From: "Dave W"
Subject: Tractor needs more traction!!!
Date: Monday, April 21, 2003 3:08 PM

I occasionally have the same problem, but shifting my weight (like sail
boating) out over the slipping wheel usual solves the problem. I some times
stand and lean forward going up hill to prevent "wheelies"
Dave

"Steve" wrote in message

Oscar_lives wrote in message
I have a 18hp Toro/WheelHorse lawn tractor (one-year old) that doesn't

get
enough traction for mowing my yard. I have popped the bead on the rear
tires and poured in as much anti-freeze/water mixture as I could get in
them. This helped some, but I still don't get good traction on my hilly
yard.

My grass isn't unusual-- just fescue/blue grass, but my yard is pretty
hilly. The frequent wheel spins when turning or maneuvering, or going

up
and down hills is tearing up my grass. Any ideas?

Thanks

Eat more ice cream and cookies to get heavier. Or try wheel weights.