Old 27-02-2003, 06:11 PM
mad

Default pond baseball

bv, this pond baseball owner checks in with us a few times a year, talking
about his team. i find it very funny. not sure if he is a yankee lover or
not, though. but his team is based on the yankees, who have a new player
from japan affectionately called 'godzilla'. he's supposedly a good hitter.
of course, i'm a braves fan. i can't believe they let glavine go to the
mets! that'll come back to haunt them, i'm afraid.
mad
--
It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like
someone and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to

From: "BenignVanilla"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:36:26 -0500
Subject: pond baseball

"Heritage58" wrote in message
I'm disgusted with this team. I pay big bucks for performance and we

get
knocked out of the pond playoffs in the first round. What the heck is

going on
here! I got fat outfielders, slow and lumbering, last to the dinner plate,
overrun by rookies. I got.infielders that like to party, haha, have a

great
time at boss's expense.They love to eat, but where are the sparkling

plays?
Pondpitchers a disgrace, interested only in feeding at the cereal trough,

never
a thought to the Championship.I spend money, I expect results and they

better
be good or the're out, plenty of other teams around, trade 'em all for a

fin.
Everybody wants to wear the orange pinstripes. On a happier note,

we
would like to introduce our newest aquisition all the way from Japan. I

give
you KoiMatsui, eater of outfield grass, the wetter the better, heavy

hitter of
renown, worthy off extra rations, ( honorable too) and the latest hope of

this
pond franchise. See you in September, make no mistake. Regards, Owner

I hope I speak for more then myself when I say..."Huh?"

BV.