Old 26-02-2003, 09:41 PM
Heritage58

Default pond baseball

I'm disgusted with this team. I pay big bucks for performance and we get
knocked out of the pond playoffs in the first round. What the heck is going on
here! I got fat outfielders, slow and lumbering, last to the dinner plate,
overrun by rookies. I got.infielders that like to party, haha, have a great
time at boss's expense.They love to eat, but where are the sparkling plays?
Pondpitchers a disgrace, interested only in feeding at the cereal trough, never
a thought to the Championship.I spend money, I expect results and they better
be good or the're out, plenty of other teams around, trade 'em all for a fin.
Everybody wants to wear the orange pinstripes. On a happier note, we
would like to introduce our newest aquisition all the way from Japan. I give
you KoiMatsui, eater of outfield grass, the wetter the better, heavy hitter of
renown, worthy off extra rations, ( honorable too) and the latest hope of this
pond franchise. See you in September, make no mistake. Regards, Owner

Old 27-02-2003, 04:19 PM
BenignVanilla

"Heritage58" wrote in message
[...]

I hope I speak for more then myself when I say..."Huh?"

BV.

Old 27-02-2003, 04:35 PM
K30a

Oh BV, pond baseball is a seasonal favorite.
You must have figured out by now that we're all a little tilted of center. Some
of us more than others in certain subjects. Let me tell you about the water
gardening labradors who were sent to earth to drive me insane...

k30a
Old 27-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Nedra

Thanks for explaining our pond baseball, K30!

Heritage, hang in there.... your team may not turn out
as awful as you think ;-)

Nedra

Old 27-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

"K30a" wrote in message

Oh BV, pond baseball is a seasonal favorite.
You must have figured out by now that we're all a little tilted of center.

Some

of us more than others in certain subjects. Let me tell you about the

water

gardening labradors who were sent to earth to drive me insane...

k30a

I welcome any diversion - I don't want to work!
We need more posts!!!
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 27-02-2003, 06:11 PM
mad

bv, this pond baseball owner checks in with us a few times a year, talking
about his team. i find it very funny. not sure if he is a yankee lover or
not, though. but his team is based on the yankees, who have a new player
from japan affectionately called 'godzilla'. he's supposedly a good hitter.
of course, i'm a braves fan. i can't believe they let glavine go to the
mets! that'll come back to haunt them, i'm afraid.
mad
--
It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like
someone and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to

Old 27-02-2003, 06:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"K30a" wrote in message

Oh BV, pond baseball is a seasonal favorite.
You must have figured out by now that we're all a little tilted of center.

Some
of us more than others in certain subjects. Let me tell you about the

water
gardening labradors who were sent to earth to drive me insane...

That clears it up.

BV.

Old 27-02-2003, 06:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
snip
I welcome any diversion - I don't want to work!
We need more posts!!!

snip

I concur!

I keep finding myself trying to come up with new questions, just so I can
spur some threads. Unfortunately, my new pond hole keeps getting buried
under more and more snow. I am at a standstill in my design until I can get
out there.

BV.

Old 27-02-2003, 07:22 PM
K30a

BV wrote my new pond hole keeps getting buried
under more and more snow

Our pond took several summers to build.
Most of its pre-water life the hole spent its time as
a boys only or girls only fort. Many caves and super
secert lairs where dug into its sides to hide action
figures and rock monsters. A whole batch of puppies
used it for their base for puppy wars, their beagle mother
liked to herd them in there so she could watch them
from the side - kindof like a puppy playpen.
Many excuses were found for not digging the pond
this weekend, next weekend, a whole month of weekends.
- grass needed cutting, always. Too many rocks,
maybe some of these rocks were Indian artifacts (the
famous Kennewick Man skeleton was found about five
miles from our house), maybe these rocks were Kennewick
Man's kitchen utensils. Too hot, too cold, too windy.
Finally I took to watching HGTV where every garden had
a pond. I called it 'the everybody has a pond but me' channel.
All ponds seem to be done in a day.
Time had come for drastic action. I started getting lily divides from Jan and
filling up the children's toy tubs with water to store them.
The labrador started eating the lilies. Clearly they would be
safer in the pond?
DH enslaved the children and the pond was finished in a week.
The labrador still ate the lilies but there was water
in the backyard - this is soooooooo cool!!!
I even managed to earn $75 by writing up the building
of the pond saga and selling it speciality magazine of Better
Homes and Gardens. Its in a file here somewhere......

k30a
Old 02-03-2003, 03:15 PM

wowow.... winter is longer for some people than others. Ingrid

Vintage 50's-70's Baseball/Basketball/Football Baseball-Cards.com[_2_] Ponds 0 25-12-2007 10:35 PM
Baseball Q Fast Larry Gardening 1 13-06-2007 07:01 PM
pond baseball [email protected] Ponds 0 19-01-2005 10:55 PM
baseball field lawn Siberian Husky Gardening 6 11-09-2003 04:33 PM
baseball bat zuchinni rosie readandpost Edible Gardening 14 01-09-2003 05:22 PM