Old 14-06-2012, 09:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Is this a poppy?

In message , Labella
writes

In the autumn of 2010 I planted different types poppy seed that I'd
forgotten to plant earlier in the year.

They didn't flower last year, I imagine because I'd sewn them too late.
All of my seedlings and plants were kept in the greenhouse to grow and
hadn't labelled any of them.

We planted them out in the ground in March and they've done really
well.
But I'm a little confused because I was sure they were all poppies, but
one particular plant doesn't look like the rest. It has strange buds on
that I don't recognise.

Can someone confirm if this is a poppy or something else?

|Filename: giantpoppy.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15072|

That looks like a poppy.